[ RadSafe ] Any experience buying Hamamatsu PMT-s?

Burn, James (Jack) burn.james at epa.gov
Thu Feb 22 13:45:48 CST 2018

Dimiter,
Have you tried ebay?
or
Imperxon? (http://impexron-ltd.com/en/brand-hamamatsu_ceni_bulgaria-5559)

Jack Burn, PhD
Physical Scientist
NAREL, US EPA
540 S. Morris Ave
Montgomery, AL 36115

burn.james at epa.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Dimiter Popoff [mailto:didi at tgi-sci.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:05 AM
To: radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Any experience buying Hamamatsu PMT-s?

I have been trying to get price info since Monday for a particular Hamamatsu PMT from their catalog. All I got was an autoreply and a standard letter asking about our application, end user etc. to which I duly replied.
We want to buy just 2 tubes so I understand they will not come running but I would expect if they do not actually have the product to at least say so. The standard letter came from Germany (me being in Bulgaria), I tried to phone yesterday and today, nobody picks up.

My experience buying PMT-s is none, I have had to deal with quite a few but in NaI detectors etc. We have never bought directly from Hamamatsu, not that I remember at least.

Any suggestions how to proceed, perhaps some useful contact?

Thanks,

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff, TGI             http://www.tgi-sci.com