[ RadSafe ] Any experience buying Hamamatsu PMT-s?

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Thu Feb 22 03:04:31 CST 2018

I have been trying to get price info since Monday for a particular
Hamamatsu PMT from their catalog. All I got was an autoreply and
a standard letter asking about our application, end user etc. to which
I duly replied.
We want to buy just 2 tubes so I understand they will not come
running but I would expect if they do not actually have the product
to at least say so. The standard letter came from Germany (me being
in Bulgaria), I tried to phone yesterday and today, nobody picks
up.

My experience buying PMT-s is none, I have had to deal with quite
a few but in NaI detectors etc. We have never bought directly from
Hamamatsu, not that I remember at least.

Any suggestions how to proceed, perhaps some useful contact?

Thanks,

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff, TGI             http://www.tgi-sci.com