[ RadSafe ] Gresham's Law

kinderhook46 kinderhook46 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 12:31:35 CDT 2018

In recent days, the question has been raised of the reasons for the decline in the number of posts to RADSAFE over the years. I would suggest that the answer lies in the transformation of the site from a place for exchanging information and views to a soapbox for ranting against those with different views. Incivility, vulgarity, attacks on people's sanity, etc., drive away readers and potential posters, not to mention making moderators despair and try to find someone else to take up the burden.
For a site like this to succeed, there needs to be a critical mass, so to speak, of diverse participants. RADSAFE lost that some years back, and once lost, it isn't easily restored.