[ RadSafe ] Looking for a rather special low energy x-ray survey instrument .....

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Tue Dec 24 17:19:15 CST 2019

One problem with being retired is that I don't have the stacks of
instrument catalogs near at hand as I used to!!  I'm not even sure who
the players still are.

Anyhow - I'm looking for an ultra sensitive low energy x-ray survey
instrument - therefore it would have to be a scintillator detector - I
think CdTe would be best but I see CsI out there that seems to fill the
bill.  It would, of course, need a thin window to detect x-rays down
into the 10 keV region.

The Ludlum model-3019 looks like a good maybe - but I'd like to see
more.  A detachable probe might be more useful.

Large area is not required and in fact could be a problem as we are
trying to characterize small area x-ray leaks discovered with image
plates (6 hour exposures) - but in real time.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Ted de Castro