[ RadSafe ] Another scare

Egidi, Philip Egidi.Philip at epa.gov
Thu Feb 21 15:18:55 CST 2019

The material was returned to the mine. It is no longer available for analysis.
Some of the "expert" replies have me shaking my head.
I was at the mid-year meeting of the Health Physics Society this week in San Diego, and we all agree that there is so many things wrong with this story and the response to it. Lessons learned hopefully will be gleaned...

The best response I have seen so far has been by Kathy Higley at Oregon State.
She was given the space to provide good answers:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/19/18232027/uranium-ore-grand-canyon-museum-radiation-safety-health-risks

PVE

Philip Egidi
Environmental Scientist
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Radiation Protection Division
Washington, DC
(202) 343-9186 (work)
(970) 209-2885 (Cell)

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” – Dr. Hunter S. Thompson