Re: BEIR VII

>The anti LNTH, pro hormesis, adaptive response people MUST present
>testimony at future BEIR VII meetings because the anti nuclear
>people were out in force at that meeting and probably will be again
>at future meetings.

Al and others,

This is obviously an important issue. A major point is not whether the LNT
is right or wrong but rather that many of the anti-nukes are not interested
in a scientific approach. As I wrote here earlier - no one responded (with
the exception of one direct email commenting the silence at Radsafers) - it
is more important to bring about consistency between molecular biology
findings and those from epidemiological studies. It is desirable to keep
politics out of the scientific considerations.

Pseudoscientific testimonies about correlations can be very confusing to
lawyers and decision makers. Say that they get to hear that nuclear
radiation is like bullets ripping through our bodies... and that all IAEA &
ICRP officials are really like little military generals etc, etc (BTW this
was inspired by one anti-nuke's writings and testimonies).

My own opinions and thoughts only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/