Mixed waste analysis

The laboratory we use for analysis of mixed waste, General Engineering
Laboratories of Charleston SC, has a new RSO, who applied revised limits to
our mixed waste samples. Our samples were returned to us, without any
warning or any explanation. The samples contained no more radioactivity then
previously accepted samples.  On the phone with the RSO, it was explained
that these limits were based on preventing bioassay requirements for their
workers and not on license limit requirements.   Of particular concern to us
is the imposed limit of 3.0 ?Ci of 125I in all of our samples combined.

Has anyone else had this experience with a different lab?  Is anyone
satisfied with their current lab?  Please reply to me privately- I will
summarize the answers and post them on RadSafe.

Ellen Hochheiser, Ph.D., CHP
Dept. of Radiation Control
University of  Arizona
1640 N. Vine St.