Re: Mixed waste analysis

Ellen,

General Engineering Labs has and continues to be a great choice for mixed
waste analysis.  Especially in light that so many labs that had done mixed
waste analysis are no longer in business.  We have dealt with GEL and
several other former and still operating labs.

I don't know how many samples you sent, however 3 curies of I-125 is a large
quantity of activity to be sent to an analytical lab for mixed waste
analysis.  Consider the amount of waste generated and the cost to GEL as
mixed waste.  Could not generator knowledge been used in creating a waste
profile?

In one package this sample could not have been sent as a limited quantity
and one would imagine a dose associated with the samples.  Without knowing
all the details it seems reasonable of GEL to not accept the sample.

John McCormick