RE: Man Sentenced in radioactive Poisoning Case

At 15:55 10.01.2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Regarding the level of culpability of a licensee for criminal misuse of
>licensed material: notwithstanding the discussion of whether regulatory
>sanctions could or should be imposed on the licensee under such
>circumstances, licensees should not lose sight of their potential exposure
>to civil tort liability, even where an intervening criminal act results in
>personal injury.
---------------------

Thank you very much for this comment. This is exactly my opinion and
hopefully that of most other persons responsible for safe work with not
only radioactive but any hazardous material. You spared me to formulate a
comment myself, which in no way would have been as brilliant as yours!

Thanks also to Bill Lipton for his recent and excellent postings, which hit
the points. They show a great understanding for the real problems with the
public and avoid the biassing which occurs also among the scientific
community judging from several RADSAFE comments.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna