Re: Laboratory Ventilation Standards

To answer your question, we need to know the air
volume in the laboratory. However, considering the
amount of radioactivity used, 10 air volume changes
per hour appears to be excessive. In your case,I
believe that air ventilation for comfort should be
enough to keep the air concentration within the
applicable limits (MPC's in the USA or DAC's
elsewhere). If you wish to determine an optimized air
renewal volume per hour, you may consider using the
models proposed in ICRP 37.

Abderrachid Zitouni,
azittouni@yahoo.com