Re: John Gofman Claims

Radsafers,

I know this thread is getting old, but one more illustration about the
chest X-rays causing heart disease.

A statistics professor of mine once guaranteed me that he could
show that carrying matches in your pocket increased your chances
of having lung cancer.  He is correct, but the reason for the lung
cancer is not the matches, but why the matches are being carried.
I think John Gofman may have shown the correlation with the
matches, not the reason for the matches.

Regards,
Patrick J. McDermott
Rutgers Environmental Health & Safety
Rutgers University