Re: Apology for a mistake (Man Sentenced in radioactive Poisoning

>         Well up to a point.  But doesn't the organisation have a
> responsibility to ensure it doesn't employ psychos?  And that the people who
> ARE employed are treated well in order to reduce their chances of turning
> psycho?  BTW, I think that Mcdonalds coffee case was stupid too.

Define phycho.  Major League BAseball has decided that the Atlanta
braves pitcher is phycho for his saying that he didn't like being
around the people who populate the NYC subway.  George Orwell
demonstrated how the government can define psycho.  I just happen to
be reading a book called "The Nazi Doctors" which is a definitive
history on the Nazi's medical abuses.   There, the program got
underway by defining the "idiots" as phychos who should be
euthanized.  They expanded the definition until just being Jewish or
a suspected gypsy was enough.

Do we really want institutions, government or otherwise, a priori
defining what in the range of human behavior is considered phycho?
I think not.  How 'bout we do it again like we used to do - assume
everyone is OK and punish only those who step out of line?

John

--
John De Armond
johngdSPAMNOT@bellsouth.net