Medical administration of dose question

I have a relative whole has multiple myloma (sp?) and has started radiation
treatments.

The description of the procedure was from this relative and non-technical,
but I believe the source is an x-ray generating device that rotates around
the patients body from front to back as the patient is horizontal.

The starting dose was 160 rads with total to be 2000 rads over 15 days.
This will be administered to the lower lumbar region.

The patient has already experienced nausea, vomiting, and chills.  My
question is what can symptoms can the patient expect over the course of the
treatment?   I understand the implications of the total dose if administered
at one time.  I don't know what occurs for this exposure over the time frame
given.

Thank you.

Robert Boston Nuclear Safety/Operational Readiness
DOE-ID
850 Energy Drive MS 4160
Idaho Falls, ID 83401-1563
208-526-0356 pager 6-4444 #4413 Fax 6-7414
bostonrd@id.doe.gov