RE: 10CFR35.315 + your comment

At 09:04 AM 1/13/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I was just cited for that.  Although the inspectors indicated that they
>didn't see a problem with simply removing the linen from the bed, wrap from
>the toilet seat, and trash between iodine patients, they cited me because
>the reg doesn't make that distinction.  You can verbally request a waiver or
>exception.  The inspectors indicated they thought it highly likely that one
>would get the run around before getting an OK.  But you can request an
>exception to the rule as clearly it was meant for non-therapy patients.
>
>Peter G. Vernig,
>VA Medical Center, Denver
>peter.vernig@med.va.gov

Dear Radsafers:

Sorry---I forgot to include my full name and e-mail address after my last
message.  By the way, in the draft (probably final) licensing nureg for
medical programs, the limit for removable contamination for I-125 and other
radionuclides has been reduced to 20 dpm/100 cm squared.....!

Ciao, Carol

Carol S. Marcus, Ph.D., M.D.
<csmarcus@ucla.edu>