Re: 10CFR35.315 + your comment

carol marcus wrote:

> Sorry---I forgot to include my full name and e-mail address after my last
> message.  By the way, in the draft (probably final) licensing nureg for
> medical programs, the limit for removable contamination for I-125 and other
> radionuclides has been reduced to 20 dpm/100 cm squared.....!
>
> Ciao, Carol
>
> Carol S. Marcus, Ph.D., M.D.
> <csmarcus@ucla.edu>

So if I'm surveying with a 10% efficient pancake probe, I gotta
resolve 2 cpm in a background several times that?  Amazing, simply
amazing.  Am I the only one who every time I see a clinton cabinet
member speak, get the stark mental picture of the three stooges?

Speaking of absurd, did anyone closely notice the video bite CBS
used in reporting on the dangerous, babykilling nickle DOE was about
to release.  One showed a woman carefully surveying an ingot of
metal with a pancake probe.  They left the audio on the clip and her
chiper on the survey meter was on.  She was trying to descern
whether an approx 20 cpm gross count meant anything.  That one
little sound bite put the lie to this sham to anyone who knew what
they were listening to.

John
--
John De Armond