Re: Suggestions? and MSC story to be on CBS- Misuse of language

At 02:06 PM 1/13/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Journalists probably will not admit it, but I believe that one reason why
>thousands of other industrial accident deaths didn't make it on to their
>lists of the worst disasters of 1999 is the "curiosity" or "freak" factor
>associated with nuclear accidents, however small they may be relative to
>"real" disasters (which killed many people at once).

Actually, the list of the worst disasters of 1999 that started all this is
not a list of the worst disasters at all - it's a list of biggest disaster
stories of 1999. Unfortunately, the press think these are the same thing
(which takes an above-average bit of ego on their part, I think).