RE: Iron in drinking waters

One way to quantify these could be to use an XRF to screen samples prior to
performing radiological analysis.  Since using an XRF is a non destructive
technique additional sample material would not be needed.   This would give
you a idea of interferences for each sample and not a general interference
like the water testing results.  The major draw back is probably the cost of
the XRFsince analysis using an XRF is relatively easy to do.

Jeffrey S. Vollmer, CHP
RSO
Mallinckrodt Inc.