journalists' (or reporters') ethics

For what it's worth, I followed up on some of the links suggested by other
RadSafers, and found that there is a Society of Professional Journalists
which does receive complaints about unethical behavior in journalism.  From
an e-mail I received from the current chair, it appears difficult to
establish strict standards for enforcement, which I appreciate.  But at
least there is a place to go to complain about particularly egregious
conduct, if you wish.

http://spj.org/ethics/

Michael Stabin, PhD, CHP
Departamento de Energia Nuclear/UFPE
Av. Prof. Luiz Freire, 1000 - Cidade Universitaria
CEP 50740 - 540
Recife - PE
Brazil
Phone 55-81-271-8251 or 8252 or 8253
Fax  55-81-271-8250
E-mail stabin@npd.ufpe.br

"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"
- Steven Wright