RE: Suggestions...MSC story...[correction]

I think people view hazards as how inconvenient elimination of that hazard
would be to their daily life.  They perceive themselves as needing cellular
phones, microwave ovens, household bleach, etc., so they don't take
seriously any reports of those items possibly being dangerous.  On the other
hand, we have fossil fuel plants, so why do we need nuclear power?  It's
much easier to come out against something when you think you don't need it.
The general public doesn't go after paper mills either, historically major
polluters.  Who could do without paper and cardboard?

Gus

Having been erased,
The document you're seeking
Must now be retyped.
-- A computer error message in Haiku form

C. A. Gus Potter
Sandia National Laboratories
Albuquerque, New Mexico
(505) 844-2750