Study before disposal: Re: Uranyl Nitrate Disposal

In a message dated 1/18/00 10:21:36 Pacific Standard Time, BLHamrick@aol.com
writes:

<<
 Stop.  Please, do not mistake my statements regarding the regulatory
 restrictions and reasoning as my own personal beliefs.  I think that IF a
 study was done, demonstrating and documenting the minimal effects of the
 unregulated disposal of uranyl nitrates and other similar compounds (as was
 done for the americium in domestically-produced smoke detectors, which can
be
 disposed as non-radioactive waste, even in bulk), then there would be no
 problem.  Someone needs to fund and undertake the study.  The public at
least
 deserves a considered answer to their questions regarding the safety of
 unregulated disposal....OTOH, they should be willing to pay for it through
 their tax monies.

 Barbara <---who thinks she's said too much

I hope they won't dispose uranium and americium with..... beryllium *Grin*
Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com