RE: Sm153

I have just collected a multipeak spectrum from a fraction of a Sm153 dose
which was delivered about 6 months ago for a patient who cancelled. (NB from
an Autralian supplier of Sm153.) I have not yet correlated the observed
peaks with Eu 154 but the dose rate on the exterior of the vial is about the
order of 30uSv/hr - six months after the 6 GBq of Sm153 was delivered.

Regards

Martin Carolan
Senior Physicist
Department of Nuclear Medicine
Wollongong Hospital
Wollongong NSW 2500
AUSTRALIA
email carolanm@iahs.nsw.gov.au <mailto:carolanm@iahs.nsw.gov.au>
phone 61 2 4222 5224
fax 61 2 4222 5238
internal page # 252.
*********IMPORTANT NOTICE**********

The information contained within this e-mail message should be considered
as confidential and/or privileged.  It is intended solely for use by the
addressee named above.

If you have received this message in error you are hereby notified that you
must not copy, duplicate, forward, print or otherwise disseminate any
information contained within this E-Mail.  Please ensure that this e-mail
is deleted and please send a message to the postmaster at the
Illawarra Area Health Service via mailto:

POSTMASTER@iahs.nsw.gov.au.

This message has been scanned for Viruses!!