Radiation Safety Positions available at University of Missouri-Columbia

Deputy Radiation Safety Officer

University of Missouri-Columbia, Human Resource Services (MU), 130 Heinkel
Building, Columbia, MO 65211-1340; visit our Web page at
http://www.missouri.edu/~hrswww/hrsmu.html
at MU's Environmental Health and Safety Department.  This individual will
act as backup for RSO and supervise Radiation Safety Staff.  We are looking
for demonstrated leadership skills.  Work description includes the conduct
and overall supervision of the following: radioactive material delivery and
inventory; instrument calibrations; inspections; radioactive waste
management; dosimetry and ALARA review; transportation packaging of
radioactive materials; project review for regulatory compliance; radiation
safety training; procedure development; record keeping and computer data
management; and coordination with hazardous materials management, industrial
hygiene, and general safety.  This position requires Bachelors in Health
Physics or equivalent education/experience, 3-4 years experience in applied
health physics.  ABHP certification is preferred.  For full consideration,
please submit application before February 1, 2000.  For further information
on how to apply, contact Brian Kosmiski at (573)882-8143 or at
mailto:KosmiskiB@missouri.edu.

Health Physicist

University of Missouri-Columbia, Human Resource Services (MU), 130 Heinkel
Building, Columbia, MO 65211-1340; visit our Web page at
http://www.missouri.edu/~hrswww/hrsmu.html
Health and Safety Department.  Responsibilities shared with two other HPs
and four technicians: radioactive material delivery and inventory;
instrument calibrations; inspections; radioactive waste management;
dosimetry and ALARA review; transportation packaging of radioactive
materials; project review for regulatory compliance; radiation safety
training; procedure development; record keeping and computer data
management; primary contact for assigned authorized users; and, coordination
with hazardous materials management, industrial hygiene, and general safety.
Requires Bachelors in Health Physics or equivalent education/experience, 2-3
years experience in applied health physics. For full consideration, please
submit application before April 1, 2000.  For further information on how to
apply, contact Brian Kosmiski at (573) 882-8143 or at
mailto:KosmiskiB@missouri.edu.

Please contact Brian Kosmiski directly. Responses to me or to RadSafe will
be cheerfully ignored.

Sue Langhorst