Re: STAR at work

At 09:27 PM 01/25/2000 -0600, Jim Muckerheide wrote:
>> > Presently, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission is in the process
>> > of legalizing the "release" or "clearance" of radioactive materials from
>> > licensed, regulated control into raw materials, building supplies and any
>> > other items that are sold to New York consumers. We fully support the
>> > introduction of radioactive scrap metal into commerce without any
>> > consumer notification ....
**************************
It seems to me we should be refering to "very slightly radioactive
materials" and "scrap metal whose radioactive content is well within safe
limits".

Otto

		Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
              Institute of Toxicology & Environmental Health (ITEH)
		   (Street address: Building 3792, Old Davis Road)
		University of California, Davis, CA 95616
		Phone: 530-752-7754  FAX: 530-758-6140
		E-mail ograabe@ucdavis.edu