Irradiated gemstones

Hi,

There was a thread on irradiated gemstones some time ago.

When I visited the TENORM conference in Rio de Janeiro last September (it
was great, you missed something!) I bought a turmalin at Amsterdam Sauer,
one of the two big jewelry companies in Brasil.

On the Certificate of Authenticity there was a section on "Important
information about gemstones" citing that the most relevant treatments of
gemstones are Heating and Oiling, which are widely used and accepted by the
international jewelry trade. Among the description how different gem stones
are treated one paragraph read "All Blue Topazes presently in the market
were enhanced by irradiation and heating processes for color addition".

Can this be confirmed?

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7