Re: Hormesis - medical benefits?

Substantial recent medical evidence (mostly in German, so there's not much on
our site :-) exists on using radon therapies, including
immunological/physiological markers, and endpoints, including accepted
double-blind medical research, that demonstrates real effects. (From the time
of the Romans there has been evidence of 'real effects' sufficient to cause
substantial effort to attain the benefits - certainly no one in Montana mines
would claim to be at the equivalent of the Bad Gastein resort! It's also
instructive to see documented cases in animals, who would presumably have
little incentive to "suppress the data."

Some argue that the word 'enhance' be used because 'stimulate' implies a
specific up-regulation of a marker. In fact that response is systemic, and
specific up- or down-regulation is affected.

Franz, Like many LNT-committed, your 'beliefs' are having undue influence on
your consideration of the data - this is making "the LNT-religion" an
increasingly apt term. :-)  But if you obtain some of the German refs, we'd be
happy to receive some limited translations of the essential results. :-)

Regards, Jim
muckerheide@mediaone.net