Re: Sm-153

Further to my last message on this topic I have tracked down the
specifications for Quadramet.  There is a limit of 0.0093% of Eu-154 at
calibration time of the Sm-153.

We are supplied in single dose vials containing 6 GBq of Sm-153.  This
gives a maximum activity of Eu-154 of 0.56 MBq.

Australian Radioiosotopes, the manufacturer of Quadramet in Australia, have
consistently measured activities of Eu-154 that are a factor of 10 less
than the specification, ie between 0.0005% and 0.0009%.

Regards

Richard

Richard Smart PhD
Principal Physicist and Radiation Safety Officer
Nuclear Medicine Department
St. George Hospital
Kogarah
NSW, 2217, Australia