Re: Gamma Ray Constant for F-18

At 12:11 PM 1/31/00 -0600, you wrote:
>>I am looking for the true Gamma Ray Constant for F-18 in the nostalgic
>units of R/hr-cm^2/mCi.  There have been values reported in the range of
>5.7 - 8.  Can anyone pin it down for me?
>>
>Scott Dube
>sdube@queens.org

Dear Radsafers:

The specific gamma ray constant for F-18 in Nostalgic Units is 5.07.  My
reference is Schleien B, Slaback LA, Jr., and Birky BK:  Handbook of Health
Physics and Radiological Health, Third Edition, table p.6-9, 1998, Williams
and Wilkins, Baltimore, MD. (The factor is in S.I. units, but you multiply
by 27,000 to get to Nostalgic Units.)

Ciao, Carol

Carol S. Marcus, Ph.D., M.D.
<csmarcus@ucla.edu>