Re: Chirpers

Jeff,

I like them, chirpers.
They are simple, durable and comparably cheap. Usually they have loud enough
audio/chirp for the noisy environment. Of course their dose response is not
as accurate as some very "sophisticated" latest personal dosimetry electronic
devices but for your purpose to use them as dose awareness tools, they will
be perfect. So to say: "They do not have the whistles but have those bells".
I would suggest to give a training to the personnel that rad. workers would
have a "sound" idea how much chirps will be 5 mR/hr and 100mR/hr.
Hope this helps.
Emil
kerembaev@cs.com

In a message dated 2/1/00 2:51:45 Pacific Standard Time,