Re: Concrete

I suggest looking at NUREG/CR-3474, "Long-Lived Activation Products in Reactor
Materials."  This includes concrete.  You will probably want to have a sample
of the concrete analyzed to determine its composition, and you would want as
much information as you can find about the flux history, i.e., source
strength, spectrum, and exposure time.  You could then apply activation
software, such as "Origin," to determine the activation radionuclides.  Since
there will likely be uncertainties regarding the exposure time, you would use
the software to determine the radionuclide makeup, and then scale this to a
measured dose rate.  Use NUREG/CR-3474 as a "reality check."

The  opinions expressed are strictly mine.
It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com