RE: Journal of New Solutions

The journal is produced by an industrial safety policy department at Lowell
University in Lowell Mass. Most of the journal articles are 'slanted' in
what many would regard as a "left' leaning mode. I subscribed for a while
(pre 1996) when working at the University (CMU) but stopped after I had
trouble sorting out the political rhetoric from public policy and the
science. In defense of the journal it required one as a safety practioner to
really think about how policy and science come together in the work
environment. The guy who is the chief editor is pretty sharp - he kind of
looks like Mike Ryan of HPS fame (maybe separated at birth).  If your
politics are to the "right of center" then I suggest not reading as you'll
either end up frothing from the mouth or with an ulcer.

I'm sorry I can't give the publication information. You may want to try the
Lowell web site or try Ralph Stuart (he runs the list serve for the safety
types on the net) at the University of Vermont. Ralph is a frequent
contributer to the journal. His stuff is a bit more rational than most of
the articles.

I'll look through my stuff at home tonite and post the address for the last
journal i had. perhaps one of the U. of Lowell denizens of this list can dig
out the department name and address

Pete C.

With apologies to Bill Lipton "Its not about dose its about the money." at
least thats what my spousal unit claims.