Re: Deadly Plutonium ?

Radsafers,

I believe, that a patient during a "normal tumor" radiation therapy treatment
receives about 9-10 CGrays = 9,000 - 10,000 rads.
I understand that it is a local dose and TEDE will depend of the treated
organ weighting factor.
DE of 9,000 rads = EDE 0.25 x 9,000 = 2250 rads of EDE for the gonads
DE of 9,000 rads = EDE 0.12 x 9,000 = 1080 for lungs of EDE and red bone
marrow
If to keep in mind that it is also during only of a few weeks of treatment.
The vast majority of them do recover from the radiation damages and those who
die if only the tumor survives that dosage and a patient cannot take any more
of the radiation dose.
I would say they definitely will not have an acute radiation related organ
damage.
with 2000 rads of CEDE.
The rest is for the statisticians and many other factors.
Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com

In a message dated 2/7/00 9:45:11 Pacific Standard Time,