Re: Deadly Plutonium ?

Joseph and Others,
I always had an impression that Pu-239 has more toxic damaging health effects
than its radiation damage abilities. Wouldn't be a person lethally poisoned
faster then die from the radiation damages? I believe, that PU-239 AIL is
based on its toxicity.
So then Joseph, you are right that alpha from Uranium or Pu are still alphas
and they have the same LETs. I do not remember the exact energies but I think
they are very close.
Please, correct me if I am wrong.
Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com

In a message dated 2/7/00 9:59:43 Pacific Standard Time,