RE: Wart removal

Group,

Lew Helgeson wrote:

"During my three years in the Army in World War II as an X-ray technician,
we used low energy X-rays, setting the voltage on the Picker Portable X-Ray
machine to about 35 kvp."

It reminded me of some old radsafe traffic regarding "Grenz Rays" which the
olde Rad Health Handbook defined as: "X rays produced at voltages of 5 to 20
kVp, intended primarily for surface therapy."  My recollection is they
treated acne with it.

Any opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent those
of the Denver VA Medical Center, The Department of Veterans Affairs, or the
U.S. Government.

Peter G. Vernig
Radiation Safety Officer, VA Medical Center, 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO
80220, ATTN; RSO MS 115
303-399-8020 ext. 2447, peter.vernig@med.va.gov [alternate
vernig.peter@forum.va.gov] Fax 303-393-5026 [8 - 4:30 MT service] Alternate
Fax 303-377-5686

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,, whatever is
pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is found to be
excellent or praiseworthy, let your mind dwell on these things."    Paul