Re[2]: Atomic Confession

     Let's see...workers receiving even trivial doses have been
     monitored since the Manhattan Project; vaults all over the country
     have dose records going back to the fifties (I know, I've seen many
     of them).  And yet there is whole batch of highly exposed people
     that nobody knew about?  Oh, yes, and what about those studies
     indicating that the subjects of this government experimentation are
     'suffering' at the same rates and from the same aches and pains
     that everyone else does?

     And now this: the possibility raised that the report and
     announcement could be...(gasp!)...POLITICALLY MOTIVATED!!! (Say it
     isn't so, Joe!)

     On a more serious note, it is becoming disturbing how flippantly
     the media and political players are now referring to past exposures
     as 'human experimentation' performed by the government (always
     leading to current day suffering on vast scales, of course). These
     are some nasty allegations that are going unchallenged. For
     fairness to those in the historical health physics community whose
     concern was for worker safety and health, it seems that some of us
     who know better should try to set the record straight.

     Vincent King
     vincent.king@doegjpo.com