Re: we're still our own worse enemy

>  If the uppermost supervisor (the public) wants to be
> assured that there is no risk around even for the 100th time and months
> after an accident, which would not have emitted any radionuclides - then it
> will be done.

And at the same time the pro-nuclear option is questioned due to cost
over-runs, continued high operating and maintenance costs, etc.

Don't you think that performing these unnecessary surveys, system
modifications and any other unnecessary purchase adds to this extra
cost, that is ultimately paid for by the public? Do we really need to
continue to expend billions of $$ a year on what can only be
identified as completely wasteful?

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/scperle