Re: chemicals, fires, and other nonhazards

At 01:57 PM 2/14/00 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm really wondering why there is such an out of balance focus on being
anti-nuke?

Because fear of radiation is the popular superstition of our time. Those
who believe most fervently are just as certain of the dangers as those who
feared witches a few hundred years ago. And those who claim the fears are
groundless are treated as blasphemers just like a few hundred years ago.
Facts are irrelevent; the BELIEF is all that matter.

Sometimes I have the feeling that the lack of communication is because we
keep talking about our science, and the opposition is talking about its
religion.

Bob Flood
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
bflood@slac.stanford.edu