Re: Our own best friends!

D. Kosloff" wrote:

> Regulatory authorities are not always happy to take on new responsibilities.
> The NRC, as directed by Congress,  attempted to reduce regulatory activities
> by creating the category of  "Below Regulatory Concern".  The interested
> public made the NRC sorry they had ever heard "BRC".

Actually it was only the NRDC that stopped the NRC's BRC work.  I can't believe
the NRDC speaks for all the "interested public" or even has views that are
necessarily reflective of the "interested public's" views.  They certainly don't
speak for me and I am certainly interested.  Can anyone out there tell us from
your own experience what really happened that made the NRC cave in to the NRDC
on this issue?  I have never heard the straight scoop.

Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net
begin:vcard
n:Tschaeche;Al
x-mozilla-html:FALSE