The FEAR is Our own worst enemy. (Re)

In my opinion,
IAEA, ICRP, NCRP and BEIR VI, fall under the temptation to speculate about
the "future" health effects which have NO proof. Very subjective
recommendations on very serious object.
It is unacceptable practice, for the "serious" organization to speculate
about one direction and forgetting about a possibility of the other. They do
that on regular basis by giving recommendations to the regulatory body. They
KNOW that regulatory bodies WILL implement their speculative recommends in
the present days regulations.
If they cannot distinguish scientific hypothesis from the proven theory.
I would recommend to THEM to tell the truth and say that they do NOT know yet.
If we do not know, we do not know. Nothing terrible about admitting it.
Today, We need to use those knowledges what we know, NOW.
If tomorrow we will learn more we will use it.
I like to speculate about the future my self, but I am not in the position to
force my speculations on the entire world community. They are. This is the
only difference.

In Chernobyl, I have seen more people who were terrified with the fear of
radiation than, you can imagine. People USUALLY do not admit it, they try to
coup with it in MANY different ways. I have seen only more stress related
harm than real harms from the low levels of radiation.  People were DYING
!!!! as the result of those fears. Acute radiation fear syndrome!!??
I strongly believe, Radiation Fears resulted in more harm that those low
level doses possible health effects.
Everybody can relate to the stress of unknown.
These very confusing "scientific" recommends just are adding the constant
fuel to those very normal fears.
We/you have to spend these money to eliminate the REAL Harm from the High
Radiation Levels but not to chase the ghost.

Emil
kerembaev@cs.com

<< Congress be insisting that the agencies pass regulations that do not
result in real
 harm from false fears?  Perhaps someone should sue the agencies for not
doing their
 job in this respect?  How about including IAEA, ICRP, NCRP and BEIR VI?
What do
 y'all think?