For Sale -- AEC Understanding the Atom Series

Again, I'm cleaning house and have something else to offer for its historic
and educational value.

In the 1960s, the AEC prepared a number of excellent booklets on nuclear
energy and related subjects and distributed these in a series called
"Understanding the Atom".

They are written at a level easily understandable by high school and
undergraduate college science and non-science students.

This series drew some attention from the nuclear community (at the time of
the Carter administration as I recall), when ERDA (the successor to the AEC)
destroyed the remaining inventory of these booklets.  [They, of course,
contained evil words like plutonium and breeder reactor.]

Anyway, I have 24 of these on a range of nuclear-related subjects (including
hormesis by Norman Frigerio) and will sell these for $25 (including
shipping).

Jerry Lahti
ComEd
Downers Grove Illinois