demands, I have serious doubts that the following tragedy up here in
Montreal ( not posted on the web, as usual) will have any effect whatsoever
on ongoing expansion of natural gas distribution networks:

The Montreal Gazette, February 21, 2000

TEENAGERS FOUND POISONED

Two teenagers were found dead from carbon-monoxide poisoning in a home in
Bromptonville in the Eastern Townships yesterday.
The parents of a 16-year-old girl came home at 2:30 p.m. after a weekend
trip and found the bodies of the girl and her 16-year-old boyfriend in the
basement.
Marc Bérubé, spokesman for the Sherbrooke municipal police, said
investigators had not ruled out suicide but they were more inclined to
believe the deaths were accidental. "We think the carbon-monoxide poisoning
might have been caused by either the gas heating system or the fireplace,
which is also fueled by propane," he said.
The level of carbon monoxide in the house was so strong that five police
officers and four ambulance technicians had to be taken to hospital.

regards,

Jaro
frantaj@aecl.ca