RE: DOT Definition

Refer to 49CFR173.403 (definitions).  It is listed as follows:

Radioactive instrument and article means any manufactured instrument and
article such as an instrument, clock, electronic tube or apparatus, or
similar instrument and article having Class 7 (radioactive) material in
gaseous, or non-dispersible solid form as a component part.

Good luck,
Frank Scoggins
Plant Vogtle.