PET - cyclotron

Hi,

This question is for other medical centers with
very busy cyclotron facilities and PET facilities.
I would like to learn about the occupational doses
accrued by your PET technologists and the
radiochemists. I would like to compare workload
and occupational doses with our staff. These two
categories of workers receive the highest annual
doses of all our badged workers. We could also
discuss any creative ALARA techniques that you
have learned.

Washington University has two operating cyclotrons
and four PET scanners. We have 12 workers who
routinely (maybe 5 or 6 times per day) inject
doses for clinical diagnostic studies and/or
research protocols. We have another 12 or so
workers who routinely produce the
radiopharmaceuticals.

Please reply to my email address:
szatkow@stlnet.com