Cohen's Reward

Title: Cohen's Reward

Radsafers:

I continue to read with interest the ongoing discussions concerning Cohen's ecological data and his offer of a monetary reward to anyone who can explain the data does not support LNT. The offer of reward places the onus on the "scientific community" to resolve the problem. This is inappropriate.

Although I disagree with Cohen's interpretation of his ecological data (i.e., the data proves that LNT fails in the low dose region) , nevertheless I have great respect for his work and consider it one of the most extensive and complete ecological studies ever  conducted. However, the responsibility to resolve the LNT question resides with Cohen. Cohen must convince the scientific community that he is right and everybody else is wrong.

Kenneth L. Mossman
Professor of Health Physics
Director, Office of Radiation Safety
Arizona State University