email:  zack.clayton@epa.state.oh.us
voice:  614-644-3066
fax:        614-460-8249

>>> "Vernig, Peter G." <Peter.Vernig@med.va.gov> 03/03/00 10:10AM >>>

>Yah sure me and my staff do room decon.  [Run a one man shop here]  I always
>try to have housekeeping wax the floor prior to a patient.  I don't use
>razor blades, any contamination usually comes up pretty easily from a
>freshly waxed floor.  Now if we could just wax the toilet and sink.<<<<

Peter, thinking outside of the norm here - Is there any reason  they *couldn't* turn off the water to the toilet and wax the toilet and sink?  I know that's not the way those items are usually maintained, but having done janitor work long ago as a summer job, I can't think of any reason preventing it.  Other than normal custom of course.