Re: Gamma Spec

I think I would have to side with Dr. Zitouni on the question of adding
spectra to obtain a lower LLD.

Assume a sample has x dpm in it. For any given count, you will see x +/-
y standard deviations of activity. If on the first count, you got a
count of x - 3 STDs, and then by sheer coincidence got x - 3 STDs on the
second count, you conclusion would be wrong.

However, if you want to verify for sure what the correct answer is,
contact Dr. Clayton French at Univ of Massachussets at Lowell MA. Either
he knows for sure or he can connect you to Prof. Ken Scrabble. If Ken
doesn't know the answer, I can't imagine anybody who would.

Joe Arher
captainnuke@earthlink.net