Re: tritium removable contamination

Bill,

After many years of effort, I have to accept that a standard wipe (as used
for anything else) is about as good as we can get.  We use dry filter paper
wipes.  Multiply the LSC CPM by 4 or 5 or 10 or whatever makes one feel
comfortable to get activity.

I sure do miss those peanuts, though!

Bob

At 07:44 AM 3/6/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm looking for a methodology for determining removable tritium
>contamination on surfaces.  I used to use packing peanuts, which
>dissolved in liquid scintillation cocktail, but the new, nonhazardous
>cocktails won't dissolve this.
>
>I'd be interested in learning how others do this.
>
>The opinions expressed are strictly mine.
>It's not about dose, it's about trust.
>
>Bill Lipton
>liptonw@dteenergy.com

Bob Wilson, Director