Re: tritium removable contamination

At 07:43 06.03.2000 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm looking for a methodology for determining removable tritium
>contamination on surfaces.  I used to use packing peanuts, which
>dissolved in liquid scintillation cocktail, but the new, nonhazardous
>cocktails won't dissolve this.

We used simply glass fiber filters, which can be moistened with the liquid
you prefer for the removal of tritium. When being put into the cocktail
(any cocktail) they are perfectly transparent. No dissolution is necessary.
When using water for moistening you can use membrane filters as well,
because they become transparent in the cocktail and the cocktail penetrages
them.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Bundeskanzleramt (Federal Chancellery), VI/8
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71172-4458