Radon risk

In a message dated 00-03-07 15:49:33 EST, Michael Ford wrote:

<< I apologize if I'm being overly abrasive, but I just can't stomach the
deception anymore.  While I can understand the interest in the study of
radon, please don't try to attach any more of a health hazard than can be
objectively defended.  It has not been proven as a carcinogen in the home, no
matter what the EPA says.

Michael,

I can understand some of your frustrations, but I was trying to focus on the
validity of testing the LNT using ecologic data.  I have already stayed to
far from that goal.

To address your statement above, the residential radon studies were funded to
help directly assess the risk posed by residential radon exposure.   My goal,
as a Health Physicist and Cancer Epidemiologist, is to bring the best science
and dose assessment methods available to assess the risk posed by residential
radon exposure. I urge you to read the papers we have published concerning
improved exposure estimates. I am also looking forward to the potential
findings concerning gene-environment interactions in this area.

Regards, Bill Field

College of Public Health
University of Iowa
bill-field@uiowa.edu