Re: LNT models -Constancy of Radon levels over time??

Stewart raises an interesting point. Radon is not constant. The
concentration has been changing over the years due to buttoning up homes
and filtering air. He suggests these changes could impact Dr. Cohen's
findings. This point can easily applied to residential radon studies done
up to date. It also applies to the Iowa study, which does not correct for
this effect. See "Residential Radon and Lung Cancer Case-Control Study" at
http://www.cheec.uiowa.edu/misc/radon.html. The paper describes the Iowa
radon study methodology for those of you who are interested.
Tom

--
Thomas Mohaupt, M.S., CHP
University Radiation Safety Officer

104 Health Sciences Bldg
Wright State University
Dayton, Ohio 45435
tom.mohaupt@wright.edu
(937) 775-2169
(937) 775-3761 (fax)

"An investment in knowledge gains the best interest." Ben Franklin