Re: Austria's Green Party launches campaign against Temelin

At 07:53 08.03.2000 -0600, you wrote:

>Austria's Green Party launches campaign against Temelin
>
>Austria's green party has launched legal proceedings against the
>construction of the Czech nuclear power plant Temelin. Green party
>representatives said on Tuesday in Vienna that Austrians have the right to
>protest the construction of what they called a dangerous nuclear plant.

I did not read anything about this campaign in the Austrian paper I am
subscribed to and nothing was mentioned in the TV news. This is just
another case of the always repeated attacks against everything nuclear of
this party. Obviously mass media are so much used to it that they do not
even report on it anymore.

The
>green party environmental spokeswoman expressed her hope that the campaign
>would delay and increase costs for the construction of the plant,

This is the declared aim and strategy of these people everywhere in the
world, may it concern construction of nuclear power plants or the nuclear
fuel cycle or storage of waste. And they are right: to prevent nuclear
energy it must be made so expensive, that the companies will switch to
other sources of electricity production, which will be cheaper and give
better profit. Shareholders determine nowadays the development.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Bundeskanzleramt (Federal Chancellery), VI/8
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71172-4458